Case Packing has been an integral part of the manufacturing industry for many decades now. The case packing machine/ equipment performs the significant function of the secondary packaging of already packed goods in the primary stage. This equipment performs mainly three functions:
- Erecting the case
- Packing or filling the case
- Sealing the case.
Various kinds of case packers are available in the manufacturing markets. They range from rotary packers to wraparound packers, to soft mechanical packers. Case packers are known to be revolutionary in the packing services they provide, perfect every time and convenient for business owners. Before buying a perfect Case Packers equipment for your business, you need to consider the following factors:
- Type: There are various kinds of case packers available in the market, but the one is suitable for you depends on your needs and your type of application. Whether you need a top-load container, a side-load container, or an end load container. The type of case packer required will depend upon the type of product you want to pack. For example, a bottle seller will prefer a top load case instead of the one which provides wraparound packing, for obvious reasons. However, in cases, where the type of casing required for a particular product is unknown, then a manufacturer must select the packing type which is economical and can easily protect your primary product/ packaging.
- What is your primary product: The kind of product you manufacture/ sell most of the time determines the kind of packaging that will be required. If you are a cheese seller, you will prefer a wraparound case packer, but if you are a pasta or potato chips manufacturer. Then you will require a side-load case packer. Manufacturing bottles with top-load case packing is a convenient option rather than any other.
- Speed: It is essential to select a case packer which has a significant amount of speed required for your production line. Correct speed can economize your packaging line. A good speed case packer costs between $50,000-$700,000. Almost 20 packages can be made in a minute with side-load case packers, while an average of 30 packets can be packed with wraparound or top-load case packers.
- Load: Case packers must be selected after thorough research about them. Whether it is designed for your job must be noted. Also, the other things that must be kept in the mind are the weight of the case packer, the handling time required, the rate of production, and its runtime. If all of these criterions match your needs, then you must go for the case packers.
- Space: The area covered by certain case packers can be huge. If you are short on space then choose a case packer that can be conveniently placed without occupying surface area of your manufacturing center.
- Changes: If you might want to make changes in your product line in the future, then you must go for a flexible case packer. A flexible or easily changeable case packer can come off as convenient and less costly and can fulfill all of your packaging needs. The wraparound case packers are the least flexible ones, while the robotic packers of the dropdown packers are very flexible.
Our enterprise JLS automation has been serving the manufacturing industry since 1955. We value all of our customers who have a vision of producing products to make this world a better place. Feel free to contact us to know more about Case Packers.
Visit us- 3495 Industrial Drive, York, PA 17402.
Call us- (717) 505-3800.
E-mail us- email@example.com